We are searching for visual/UI developer to help us build and implement our projects. We do client work, creating applications, data visualizations, open data projects… as well as developing Gobierto, our open source open government platform.
- HTML, CSS, responsive web design
- JS, and frameworks Vue.js, React.js
- D3.js and other visualization tools
- Interest and knowledge of basic design principles: ux, visual; and data visualization
- Interest in civic tech, working on things that matter and aim to improve our societies
- We use: Sketch, Slack, Basecamp, Google Docs, Github…
Our methodology is open and we value an agile attitude: TDD, small releases and iterations, clean code with good abstractions and good communication skills both in the code and in the submitted PRs.
We work on Github, using a git workflow, with Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery (when we can!).
Are you a visual designer as well? Write us!
Skills we’re looking for
Open source data entusiast
- Attention to detail and client satisfaction
- Familiarity with user centered design and agile
- Self-management, proactivity attitude
Populate is a small team that enjoys working on interesting and impactful projects (although we remain realists about generating impact, meaning we hate bullshit talk). Small means you will (and want to) do many different things, and that we don't plan to grow as crazy. Interesting means working smart with curious people (yes, weird sometimes - but that's the fun right?).
We work for clients and on our products, such as Gobierto, a platform to help public administrations better connect with their constituents. We put a lot of thought on what projects we work on and which clients we want to work with. Apart from the output of the work, we value a lot the quality of the process: we like to work fast and efficiently, and that can only be done if everyone is motivated, happy, aligned and believing in what we are doing and who we are working with.
We enjoy open (code, data...), and believe in it as a positive force.
Our aim as a team is to enjoy the process of building products that we believe in and that put a dent in the universe.
Language and communications skills
We have a mix of spanish and english speaking clients. Many of our internal communication is in english. We expect you can communicate well in english and spanish, both written and in-person. We love when people can articulate thoughts with elegance, precision and economy.
Conditions / What we offer
- Competitive salary according to experience
- A nice working place at our office in Argüelles, Madrid, Spain
- Conferences and books budget
- Flexible hours and remote
- Interesting projects to work on