We are searching for a project director / business development lead that will help us to manage our ongoing projects and relationships, and make our work and services known to potential clients and the community. An important part of the time will be devoted to Gobierto, our open source open government platform.
- Present Gobierto and Populate product and service portfolio to potential leads (companies, ngos, public administrations and government: city councils, provinces, regions…)
- Creation and followup of proposals; Management of procurement processes
- This is not a classic sales job (if that’s what you are thinking): we expect you establish relationships through trust, understanding of client needs, and helping them achieve their objectives
- Project Management: Projects lifecycle: kickoff, day to day overview, upsellings, client support… Administrative work regarding procurement and contracts
- Product: Understand how Gobierto is being used by our clients and end users and what they demand, to contribute to define the product roadmap that matches client value and business opportunities
- Communications: Explain our work through blog posts, case studies, public talks to arouse interest in potential prospects
Skills we’re looking for
- Experience working with public administrations in Spain
- Project management experience with attention to detail and client satisfaction
- Interest in open: source, data…
- Familiarity with user centered design and agile
- Self-management, proactivity attitude
Populate is a small team that enjoys working on interesting and impactful projects (although we remain realists about generating impact, meaning we hate bullshit talk). Small means you will (and want to) do many different things, and that we don't plan to grow as crazy. Interesting means working smart with curious people (yes, weird sometimes - but that's the fun right?).
We work for clients and on our products, such as Gobierto, a platform to help public administrations better connect with their constituents. We put a lot of thought on what projects we work on and which clients we want to work with. Apart from the output of the work, we value a lot the quality of the process: we like to work fast and efficiently, and that can only be done if everyone is motivated, happy, aligned and believing in what we are doing and who we are working with.
We enjoy open (code, data...), and believe in it as a positive force.
Our aim as a team is to enjoy the process of building products that we believe in and that put a dent in the universe.
Language and communications skills
We have a mix of spanish and english speaking clients. Many of our internal communication is in english. We expect you can communicate well in english and spanish, both written and in-person. We love when people can articulate thoughts with elegance, precision and economy.
Conditions / What we offer
- Competitive salary according to experience
- A nice working place at our office in Argüelles, Madrid, Spain
- Conferences and books budget
- Flexible hours and remote
- Interesting projects to work on